Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (www.fsha.org), a Catholic, Dominican, college-preparatory day and boarding high school for girls is seeking applications for a full-time Director of Marketing and Communications. Founded in 1931 by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose, Flintridge Sacred Heart offers cutting-edge academic opportunities, unparalleled co-curricular experiences and a dedicated and talented faculty.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Marketing and Communications to join our team. You will lead us in our digital marketing strategy to achieve our growth goals for admissions, retention, outreach and fundraising. You will identify current needs and new opportunities while aspiring to increase engagement from all the school’s constituents.
If you’re a tech-savvy trendsetter who has innovative ideas to engage prospective families and improve constituent experience, we would like to meet you. For this position, you should be able to think creatively, keep up with cutting-edge digital marketing strategies, and comfortable working collaboratively with a team. Additionally, you should be able to manage multiple projects from a variety of departments, overseeing and collaborating with vendors, outside subcontractors and colleagues.
Ultimately, you should be able to effectively connect Flintridge Sacred Heart with past, present and future students and families, as well as donors and stakeholders in our community.
Reports to the Director of Advancement and supervises the Digital Communications Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Marketing and Communications
- Develops, updates and implements Marketing Strategic Plan to include print and digital marketing strategies using all necessary tools (website, email, social media, blogs, and print)
- Implements school marketing, PR and communications activities as articulated in the Marketing Strategic Plan
- Oversees all external communications
- Establishes best practices in digital marketing
- Manages Marketing and Communications budget
- Collaborates with the Digital Communications Manager to maintain consistent, ongoing communications to build strong relationships with a wide range of key constituencies, including current and past parents and grandparents, prospective students and families, feeder school administrators and families, school faculty and staff, Board of Directors, donors and alumnae
- Partner with Academy Administration, especially Advancement, Admissions, and High School teams, as well as Parent Support Groups to optimize stakeholder experience and ensure brand consistency across all external and internal communications
- Works with the Director of Advancement and President to produce all communications and collateral materials for capital campaigns, including donor proposals, stewardship newsletters, cultivation videos, etc.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative market research studies including, but not limited to: demographic studies, assessment of competitor knowledge and perception of the school among current, past and prospective families and feeder schools
- Researches products, services and current strategies to identify new opportunities and keeps up-to-date with our audiences preferences to proactively suggest new campaigns
- Monitors, analyzes and makes recommendations for SEO/ SEM, marketing, sales and email performance metrics to forecast trends
- Ensures use of key messaging, value statements and branding in all school communications, including publications, recruitment materials and media
- Is staff liaison to the Admissions Marketing Committee of the Board of Directors, working with the Director of Advancement and the Digital Communications Manager
- Is a key member of the Crisis Communications Team, handling all media and PR crises, internally and externally
- Manages relationship with third-party advertising, marketing and public relations agencies
Media and Press Relations
- Crafts media strategy and maintains good working relationships with news media organizations; serves as the primary liaison between the school and news media, and manages media calls and inquiries; advises and assists school administration in matters involving the media, determines the appropriateness of requests for information and formulates content, timing and manner of release
- Writes and prepares press releases and proactively pitches stories that highlight our mission, activities on campus, fundraising activities and supports recruitment of new students
- Ensures that all communications from the school are accurate, consistent with our key messaging and reflect our core values
- As needed, creates background and position statements for the school by interviewing faculty, Board and admin, and by reviewing core strategic and planning documents
- Directs and oversees all marketing communication services, especially with the Admissions and Advancement departments
- Works with outside subcontractors for the timely design and printing production of all printed materials
- Edits and writes, as needed, feature articles for View from the Top annual magazine, annual report, and brochures
- Provides editing support and review of brochures, newsletters, promo materials, event programs and invitations
- Oversees the planning and production of all marketing and collateral materials, including publications, invitations and advertisements
- All other responsibilities assigned by Director of Advancement
- Successful work experience as a Digital Marketing Professional
- Experience with SEO/SEM and CRM software
- Experience implementing and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Solid understanding of web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Experience with online marketing tools and practices
- Familiarity with web design and HTML
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or relevant field
Flintridge Sacred Heart offers a competitive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is an equal opportunity employer. They encourage minorities, females, disabled and qualified veterans to apply. They evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.