The information requested is essential to the Financial Aid Committee review process. The committee feels a strong responsibility to make fair and logical decisions. Your responsibility, if you wish to receive financial assistance, is to provide them with the information to make those decisions. To ensure your file receives full consideration, please complete each step below by February 3, 2020. Unfortunately, incomplete applications cannot be considered.
the following forms from the FSHA website:
- Financial Aid Questionnaire & Letter to the Financial Aid Committee (available starting Nov. 1, 2019)
- IRS Form 4506 (NO fee required!)
the Financial Aid Questionnaire.
TIP: Complete the Family Monthly Budget included on this form before the FACTS online application. This form is mandatory. It is useful for you when completing the online FACTS application and should be consistent with each other.
Applications will be available beginning November 1, 2019. There is a $35 nonrefundable application fee.
TIP: Both parents must apply. If both parents are not applying, this MUST be explained in the Letter to the President. If not satisfactorily explained, your award eligibility may be automatically reduced by 50%.
Obtain the following tax information:
- 2019 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement copies for both you and your spouse.
- 2019 or 2018 filed tax return copies (form 1040, 1040A or 1040-EZ). See the note below.
- Other supporting tax schedule copies as listed on FACTS application (e.g., Schedule C and E)
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR APPLICANTS WITH SCHEDULE C (Self Employment) INCOME: If your 2018 tax return or anticipated 2019 tax return includes over $50,000 of gross self-employment income (Schedule C), a 2019 tax return is required. If not available, you must submit a 2018 tax return by February 1 and a 2019 tax return by March 1.
TIP: Don’t Forget Your K1s, 1120s and 1065s. If you have an ownership interest in a partnership, LLC or S corporation, you must submit your K1 for each entity. Where applicable, you must also submit Form 1120S (four pages) and Form 1065 (five pages). Your file will not be complete until these forms are received.
Submit ALL required tax information to FACTS.
Information may be sent piecemeal (e.g., 2018 tax return sent earlier than 2019 W2). The sooner we receive it, the better. Send it one of three ways:
- Upload a PDF of your tax information for fastest processing. Once logged in, instructions are available on the landing page of the FACTS website.
- Fax to FACTS at 866-315-9264.
- Mail copies of your tax information to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, P.O. Box 82524, Lincoln, NE 68501-2524. This is the slowest processing method.
Complete the Letter to the Financial Aid Committee, Family Monthly Budget and obtain your mortgage statement or rental agreement.
TIP: Use the Letter to the Financial Aid Committee wisely. The questionnaire lists eight examples of the type of items to include in this letter. If any of these are applicable to you, use this letter to explain it. This is what we are looking for in this letter. For example, if you have a negative cash flow, we need to understand how you are able to fund the deficit.
Complete the IRS Form 4506 (request for copy of tax return)
Be sure to sign it. No fee is required.
Mail five items (see checklist below) to FSHA:
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy
ATTN: Financial Aid
440 St. Katherine Drive
La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011
|Complete and upload to FACTS by Feb. 3, 2020
||Complete and mail to FSHA by Feb. 3, 2020
|• Online FACTS application
• 2019 W2s
• Federal tax returns (complete copy with all schedules, e.g. A, B, C, D, E, etc.); no worksheets, please
• All business tax returns for partnerships and corporations: k1s for each entity, 1120S (four pages) & 1065 (five pages)
• Letter to Financial Aid Committee
• Family Monthly Budget
• Mortgage statement, home equity statement or home rental agreement (all that apply)
• Signed IRS Form 4506 (no fee required)
TIP: File a complete application. All of the above items are due by February 3, 2020 to complete your file. Incomplete files are usually due to missing tax information as listed on the online FACTS application. When you login to FACTS, missing documentation is listed on the first landing page. Keep checking until your file is complete!
Please click here
for more TIPS
on how to successfully complete your application.Click here to download the instructions and checklist as a PDF.
Important Note: FSHA reserves the right to request additional financial information (e.g., credit reports) and/or withdraw financial aid at any time during the school year should discrepancies be discovered in the information provided.