All day students are required to register in April for the mode of transportation they will use in the 2019-20 academic year to commute to school in the morning. Parent or student single occupancy vehicle (SOV) arrivals are not allowed, except as explained in #4 and #5 below.
Students must choose one of the following options for commuting to school in the morning (7 to 8 a.m.):
- Ride the bus – the most reliable option, as seniors' schedules vary from other grade levels
- Parent-driven carpool – with two to four FSHA students in the car
- Student-driven carpool – with a confirmed parking spot
Senior SOV driver – only seniors may apply for a yearlong parking permit if their driver’s license issue date is after January 6, 2019.
Early arrival – SOV parent and student drivers may arrive on campus prior to 7 a.m. (only zero block students are eligible to register for this option.
- Senior drivers who are eligible to carpool, are required to carpool.
- Junior drivers whose driver’s license issue date is by January 6, 2019, may apply for a yearlong parking permit, limited to availability.
BUS RIDERS: Registration is a one-step process.
CARPOOLERS & STUDENT DRIVERS: Registration is a two-step process for carpool passengers and a three-step process for student drivers.
STEP 1: In April, if you apply for a parking permit and/or register for a carpool, then you continue to step 2.
STEP 2: In May, you will register the names of your carpool driver and partners.
STEP 3: This step is for student drivers only. Student drivers must submit a copy of their driver’s license and proof of insurance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once student driver’s eligibility has been confirmed (after STEP 1), information will be distributed to carpooling families to assist them in identifying carpool partners. Additionally, all families are required to sign and submit the online transportation agreement regardless of bus registration status.
Student parking permits may not be issued after Step 1 registration closes.