There are many benefits of participating in the bus program. It provides relief to families, it is eco-friendly, safe, economical, convenient and it is fun. The students enjoy the social time together and opportunity to meet new people.
Click here to see the bus schedules for 2021-22. These schedules are subject to change and will be finalized after registration.
Bus Program Highlights:
The bus fee for the 2021-22 school year is $1,395 for unlimited participation.
Parents will receive 15 parent service hours for participating in the bus program, a $225 value.
The bus program is more reliable and economical than at least a two-person carpool, costing the equivalent of approximately $3.25 per trip.
Siblings ride the bus for the price of one! Register one sibling online and email your registration of the second sibling to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AM Only and PM Only Passes – please contact the Business Office for availability.
One Trip Bus Pass– Students can purchase a one-trip bus pass on an as-needed basis. This option is to accommodate families who participate in a carpool on a regular basis and only occasionally need to rely on the bus for transportation. Emergency AM and pre-purchased afternoon passes will be sold at $6 per one-way trip to the extent seats are available.
You may cancel this registration by giving written notice prior to May 21, 2021 at which time a refund will be applied (with the exception of $100 non-refundable deposit). In the event the bus route is cancelled, the non-refundable deposit will be credited to your billing.
Flintridge Sacred Heart follows all current recommended bus safety protocols such as physical distancing, ventilation and sanitation. Please see our Bus Safety Protocols below and know that we will strictly enforce to ensure the safety of all students. We are here to help, so if you have additional questions please email our team at: TologTransportation@fsha.org.
1. Masks: The school bus is an extension of our campus. Masks, covering both your nose and mouth, are to be worn immediately after exiting your vehicle, and while waiting in line. Masks are not to be removed at any time during the school bus ride. Because of the mask mandate, eating food aboard the bus is not permitted. Please consume meals at home, or in the car ride to/from the bus stop.
2. Magnus App: As stated above, the school bus is an extension of our campus. All students shall have their daily Magnus App screener already filled out, prior to exiting their vehicles at the morning bus stop. Before students may enter the school bus, the student shall show the bus driver proof (Magnus end screen, or screen shot of end screen) that their daily Magnus screener has been filled out. The Magnus "GO" will permit entry to the school bus, while the Magnus "STOP" will deny entry. Ensure that no student leaves their house with any ailment that will produce a "STOP" in Magnus.
3. School Bus Entry: Per the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health's (LACDPH) "youth transport" guidelines, students entering the bus shall fill in the rear seats first, and fill forward as more students enter. This seating method prevents any student from passing one another, thus lowers the risk of passing respiratory droplets. The bus driver will ask the student for their name, to be sure they are on the student ridership roster. If a student's name is not found, yet you have received confirmation of school bus enrollment, please contact: TologTransportation@fsha.org.
4. School Bus Seating: The LACDPH has also outlined seating requirements. Students will be in a staggered seating pattern, as shown below. Windows are also required to be opened while riding the bus. Windows may be closed or ajar if we are experience inclement weather. Seatbelts must also be worn at all times.
5. Exiting the Bus: When the school bus has arrived to campus, students in the front rows shall exit first, followed by the student behind them.
Cleaning Protocols: Mission School Transportation (MST), our contracted school bus company, has provided their own protocol: "Covid-19 Exposure Control & Response Plan." Technicians from MST will be disinfecting our school buses after every student occupancy trip. Rest assured, our school buses are a safe. If you would like further explanation on how school bus disinfection procedures work, please reply to this email.
Questions? If you have any other questions regarding our Covid-19 school bus safety protocol, you are welcome to email our team at: TologTransportation@fsha.org.
Flintridge Sacred Heart partners with SafeStop, the premier school bus tracking program for parents and students. SafeStop remains FREE for participating families. If you are not familiar with SafeStop, this smart phone app connects an approved user to the GPS device located in our school buses. Users can track school buses in real time to determine if a bus may be late due to traffic, or down for mechanical issues, where a cover bus would be dispatched. Users will also be communicated to via SafeStop's "push notifications" by either Flintridge Sacred Heart's Campus Safety team, or an MST Dispatcher.
It's a social fun time and easy way to make new friends. And, you can do your homework or take a nap because the seats are so comfortable.
—Lauren Lubeley '19 and Jillian Willis '19
How to Register
The bus fee is $1,320 for bus riders who register and pay in full by Friday, May 14.
A $100 nonrefundable deposit is required upon completing this registration. Payment may be made by credit card or e-check. Your remaining balance will automatically be added to your tuition payment schedule beginning in June 2021, due in one, two or 10 payments, depending on the payment option selected on the enrollment contract. You may cancel this registration by giving written notice prior to May 21, 2021, at which time a refund will be processed (minus the $100 nonrefundable deposit). After May 21, you are obligated for the full fee.
You will find this agreement in the online forms that you will be emailed about in May 2021. Please sign and return as instructed.
Thank you for your support of the Tolog Transportation Program and helping us create a win-win-win for our families, our neighbors and Flintridge Sacred Heart.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy, a Catholic, Dominican, independent, college-preparatory, day and boarding school, educates young women for a life of faith, integrity, and truth.
Flintridge Sacred Heart admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid, and athletic and other school-administered programs.